Saturday, September 02, 2006

What's up

Ok, so now Bruce has me set up and blogging.
I really didn't fight him too hard. I was thinking of starting a blog on my own.
You see, I just received an application from one of our local hospitals to have the lap band surgery (I asked for it). I think this is a good way to journal some of my thoughts about the process. This is a life changing event and I am really nervous. Every time I think about it my stomach fills with butterflies.
I have only told a few people, until now. Every one I've talked to about the surgery has been very encouraging/excited for me.
I am in hopes to have the surgery before the end of the year, but I'm not so sure that will happen.
I have the application filled out. I just have to record every thing I eat for a week. I will be finished recording my food next Wed. So, I should be able to stick it in the mail on Thursday.
There go those butterflies again. I think they move around because they know that if I do have the surgery they will have less room :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I can get back to you now without having to sign up for anything. I am as excited as you for the surgery. Expect all will go well.

Jen said...

Hey the day we talked on IM and you mentioned other people's reactions, I meant to tell you. You don't have to tell anyone. Frankly, it's nobody's business. The truth will be you are watching what you eat and making better choices. End of story.
;)

Celestial Freak said...

I hope this will be a good thing for you. I hope that you find yourself with more energy and no side effect. When the time comes I'm sure the butterflies will subside. You're in my prayers for the whole thing.