Friday, September 22, 2006

Mixed Emotions

This morning I was looking thru some of the paper work I got from the hospital about my weighloss surgery. I found some thing that said I had to call my insurance company and see if they would cover any of the expenses. Come to find out the hospital where the surgery is going to take place is in my network, as is the doctor. WOO HOO!! According to the insurance company all I have to cover is my yearly deductible, $500.00 and pay 10% of the cost of the surgery (ouch!). From what I have read, surgery could be anywhere from $11,000 - $40,000. According to what I've read, we are expected to pay our part up front. We are going to have to tighten our financial belt.
I called the weighloss center today and asked how long it would be from the time they receive my application to the date of surgery. Donna told me that it usually takes 12 - 16 weeks. She said that some people go faster. It all depends on what the insurance company wants. She also told me that they received my application yesterday. I can expect that the person who reviews the applications, Chris, will probably call me Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (oh, I have goosebumps!!).
If you look at the calander, which I did as soon as I hung up the phone, 12 weeks takes us out to the week before Christmas. Happy New Year!!
Ok, so that's all I know for now. I will report when I hear from Chris.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Christmas present to your self. Remember the most important thing is your health not your money.