Friday, September 22, 2006

Anniversary


Yesterday, Thursday Sept 21, was our 10 year anniversary. I can't believe it has been 10 years. Then again, I can't believe it has only been 10 years!
Wednesday afternoon I went to Best Buy (aka. Toys R Us for Bruce) and got him a new flat screen monitor for his home office. He has been asking for one for some time now. The monitor that he had been using was only 15 inches. The one I bought him was 19. I think that will help him see the detailed programming that he has to read/write for his job.
I knew that setting up the monitor in his office meant that he might find it the night before, but I took my chances anyway. When Bruce got home, he didn't go to his office (surprise, surprise. Usually he takes Missy, his laptop, down to his office and plugs her in). So my secret was safe.
Thursday morning I took Bruce down to his office and showed him his gift. It was fun. He was just telling me about how he had talked to his boss about getting a bigger monitor. She said that he could request one for the Chicago office, but that we would have to purchase the one for home. Is that timing or what?!?
After looking at the monitor, Bruce decided that there was another one he would like to have. Something about having more resolution. I don't know. But he decided to take the one I got back and exchange it.
The rest of my anniversary day was spent running errands.
I have a list of things that I have been trying to get done since Monday. I think I have done about 3 of the 12 tasks on the list. I keep getting side tracked.
My friend, Jeanie, called and asked me if I would be willing to taxi she and her husband around for doctor appointments. Jeanie just got out of the hospital after being admitted for an infection. Her husband just had open heart surgery, about 2 months ago, and he can't drive. So I spent the biggest part of my day running them around from place to place. It was fun, and I didn't mind doing it. Besides Bruce was at work. It just wasn't want I expected to be doing on my anniversary.
By the time Bruce got off work, took Ethan to his counseling appointment and I got home it was 6:30. When I got back home, Bruce was back to work, and the kids were starved. After determining that Bruce had no specific plans for our anniversary, I made dinner and we ate at home.
After dinner Bruce took back his monitor. It was too late to take the kids. Ethan had to get to bed so he could get up for school the next day. So I stayed home and Bruce went to Best Buy. Before he left Bruce told me what he was planning to get me for our anniversary. He said that he had been looking at new digital cameras. I haven't taken any pictures with our camera in almost a year because the batteries don't seem to hold a charge. Bruce says that they do, but every time I try to use the camera it is flashing low battery.
When we were at his family reunion his cousin, Jacob and his wife, Candace were there. Candace's father is a wedding photographer. Candace has a very nice digital camera with a very large lens. One night we all decided to go to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and play. I couldn't ride most of the rides so I was the official camera holder. Candace told me to take pictures and have fun. It was great!! I love taking pictures. I got to zoom in on family members faces as they all were on the bumper cars, as they went flying past on the Ferris wheel, or spinning by on the carousel. Any way. Bruce has been in contact with Jacob, trying to figure out which camera would be good for us. It will be fun to be able to take pictures again. I have a camera phone, but it doesn't take great pictures.
So, there you have it. How I spent my 10th anniversary. It was a busy day. It wasn't what I expected. But it was a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A busy life is what you have to expect when you have a young family. Sorry your anniversary was not what you expected, but be sure that you were thought about and prayed over on it.

Anonymous said...

You know now we're going to expect more pictures...of everyone and everything.

Let us know what kind you got!