Wednesday, September 13, 2006

This past weekend we packed up the kids and went to OH to see my family. We had a great time. I got a chance to tell all of them about my plans for surgery. They are all very supportive. I even sat down and showed my 80something Grandmother how to read my blog (Hi Granny!!).

Monday night was open house at Ethan's school. His teacher is so nice. She had us sit at Ethan's desk where Ethan had made a surprise for us. It was a puzzle that he drew and cut apart. If I remember right, his puzzle was of a flag, a tree, and himself. It was very well done. Then we had to make a puzzle for Ethan to find the next day. Bruce drew a flag, and the play equipment in our back yard. I drew in the fence and a tree. It was fun.

Yesterday I went to ladie's Bible study at one of the local churches. There were over 200 women there. I told my friend that to me it was more like a womans conference than Bible study. We are studying the book of Proverbs and wisdom.

Bruce and I are suppose to go to an informational meeting about the surgery tonight. But, the kids have AWANA and I don't have anyone to take them and pick them up. Besides, tonight is Emma's first night in the Cubbies room and I am not sure how she will do. Some times she runs into church and is fine. Other times she cries. I don't want to put a sitter in that kind of uncomfortable position. Bruce thinks that we can find a sitter and go. I think we may have to miss this meeting and hope that the next one isn't on a Wednesday night. It's another wait and see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I am still out here reading. As for the surgery, remember sometimes taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of the kids. A babysitter isn't such a bad thing. Without you where would the kids be?

Anonymous said...

200 ladies at bible study?!?!?!? WOW good thing you had someone to go with or that would be totally overwhelming!

Celestial Freak said...

200 ladies are a lot. The churches we've been going to lately are lucky to have 20 ladies! Seriously! I don't know if I'd like a bible study that big. When we went to a big church in San Jose I felt so lost. I ened up not really knowing anyone there.

How did things go as far as juggling the AWANA meeting and your meeting?